Sunday, February 27, 2005

from kc's blog: Toa Payoh has this shop that sells comic books. Or you can rent them for 80 cents and read it right there. I checked out the second level and stumbled upon what struck me as a modern-day opium den. Small, enclosed room, people sedated on comic books. Terrible. Yet so appealing. When I approach 50 Im going to find myself a nice club/society, probably a reading group or a card-game group, and every weekend I'll plonk myself in a small cosy room, coffee on a side table, cards on the big one, quietly amusing individuals seated all around. Mmm. My most clearly defined aim in life is to retire, with some grace and wealth and possibly some friends, to the countryside in Britain, maybe the US. A charming country manor would be nice--the cost could be split between those with me. And every morning we would read the papers silently, sipping english tea by the french windows. And then we would have a game of cards before heading out for lunch; the manor would be in the countryside but at still a close distance to a small town. We would then head to one of the many bars in the town and have a drink or two. And we'd talk, and talk. Alternatively, a swim in a lake would be nice--I've always had that fantasy since Land Before Time. We then have Dinner. Dinner with jazz, Dinner at home beside a fireplace, anywhere would be nice. We'll then talk, or watch a show, or have a game of cards, or if a swim in the afternoon was not accomplished we could swim at night. I've always had a fantasy of swimming naked at night since..since dunno when. Beautiful isnt it. And throughout this last stage of life, I'll be looking back, looking back at everyone, everything. Probably fly here and there to see people. It's good to have a aim in life. sounds good kc :)

No comments: